In the Kitchen:Eye Popping Tomato Soup, Crawly Cocktails
Eye Popping Tomato Soup
1 can tomato soup
1 container of bocconcini mozzarella balls
1 jar pimento green olives
Cook soup according to package. While soup is cooking make eyeballs
- Make the eyeballs: Using a small melon baller, scoop out a hole from each bocconcini. Halve each pimiento-stuffed olive crosswise. Place a half, cut side out, in the hole in each bocconcini to make eyeballs.
- Ladle hot soup into shallow bowls. Float 4 or 5 eyeballs in soup.
Creepy Crawly Cocktails
- Black sanding sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce light rum
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1/4 cup 100 percent pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce dark rum
- Licorice spider, for garnish
1. Step 1
Spread black sanding sugar on a saucer. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a glass, then dip in sugar to coat. Add ice to glass.
2. Step 2
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and add fresh lime juice, light rum, simple syrup, and pomegranate juice. Shake 30 seconds. Strain into glass, leaving space at top. Gently pour in dark rum so it floats on top. Garnish with licorice spider tied to a stirrer.
Friday, October 18 2013, 11:52 AM CDT