In the Kitchen: Pumpkin Pancakes
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Into medium-large bowl, mix all ingredients except syrup until smooth. Batter will be thick.
- 2 Spray griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form around edges. Turn pancakes; cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.
- 3 Serve pancakes with maple syrup and cinnamon whipped cream.
Mint Ginger Ale
- 2 Tbs. packed fresh mint leaves, julienned
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Ice cubes as needed
- 2 bottles (each 1 quart) ginger ale or tonic water
- Bourbon, to taste (optional)
In a small bowl, using the back of a spoon, crush the mint with the sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.
In each individual glass, place a generous 1/2 tsp. of the crushed sugared mint. Add several ice cubes and pour in the ginger ale. Add a splash of bourbon to each glass. Serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.
Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT