Sunrise This Morning Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICD viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC and any other company, which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICD (the "Station"), WICS, WRSP, WCCU, WBUI, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest. To be eligible, you or anyone in your household can not have won any contest on WICD, WICS, WRSP, WCCU or WBUI, in any 30 day period preceding a call for entries.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household.
2. Viewers will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during WICDs, Sunrise This Morning which airs weekdays 5 A.M. CT to 7 A.M. CT on channel 15. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g. first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer).
3. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
4. Winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
5. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant's telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. The number of winners to be selected and the applicable prize(s) will be announced when calls are solicited. Winners will be notified of the estimated retail value of the prize(s).
2. Winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. If a winner is a minor, then the winner's parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 working days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be accepted.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner(s) are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on WICD, WICS, WRSP, WCCU, WBUI or their web sites.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61820 and on the Station's website at www.wicd15.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61820 with your request for the winners list for that contest (indicate the specific prize date).
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
The Ferguson DecisionA grand jury is deciding whether to indict Ferguson, MO. police officer Darren Wilson in the August 9 shooting death of 18-year old Michael Brown. The shooting of the unarmed black teenager brought protests ...
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
TrafficGet the latest traffic reports from WICD ABC Newschannel 15!
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Live In The StudioLocal nonprofits and community leaders tell us about upcoming events in East Central Illinois.
Pay It ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
In The KitchenSome of the areas best chefs whip up their tastiest creations on Newschannel 15. Click here to see them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Be The ParentIt's one of the hardest jobs in the world. So let us help you. Get parenting tips and see our latest video to help you be the parent.
Cruisin' IllinoisGet your motor running for the hottest motorcycle show in Central Illinois!
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere. Just one click and you won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Illinois CentralEvery week "Illinois Central" brings you the stories about the people in central Illinois. From our weekly "Cruisin' Illinois" segment " which features motorcycle culture " to the arts and everything ...
Pump PatrolCheck out the NewsChannel 15 Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas-saving tips.
Watch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature ...
Doug's Quick TakesLocal organizations and community leaders tell you about events happening in the Central Illinois area.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Tonight on WICD
5:30pm ABC World News with David Muir
6:00pm News at Six
6:30pm Entertainment Tonight
7:00pm Thank You, America! With Robin Roberts
8:00pm How to Get Away With Murder
9:00pm How to Get Away With Murder
10:00pm Nightside News